Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I'm having trouble dialing in my carb. I have a 770 holly street avenger w/ electric choke. It sits on a 350zz4. It hiccups when i hit the pedal and runs a little rough. I have tried adjusting mixture and idle screws but no luck. Do I need new jets? Or smaller carb, or what?

·
Registered
388 Posts
Do you have a vacuum guage? If not, get one. It really helped me get my tune dialed in. There are a couple really good articles about using/reading it too. $20 - $25.....

·
Registered
379 Posts
Hello all, I'm having trouble dialing in my carb. I have a 770 holly street avenger w/ electric choke. It sits on a 350zz4. It hiccups when i hit the pedal and runs a little rough. I have tried adjusting mixture and idle screws but no luck. Do I need new jets? Or smaller carb, or what?
The vacuum gauge is a must for tuning...your new Holley should have come with a DVD that gives some basics on tuning the accelerator pump cams, and power valves...you may have to invest in a Holley tuning kit if you see yourself continuing to modify/tune the engine. If you have never tuned a carb it would clear up a lot of mystery for you.

I have seen folks with near complete holley tuning kits at swap meets for very cheap.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts