Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just recently put a new carb on my 86 z28 camaro 4 months ago. I put my car in the shop cause i couldnt get it to start. The shop guy says i need a new carb. My question is, is it posibale to ruin a carb so quick.
And what could cause it to die so quick.
I think the guy is riping me off. He said he thinks water got in mabey from my gas tank.He is also the guy who put my carb in origanly. Im going crazy cause this is my only car and xant afford to be riped offf. I would appreciate any kind of help.....thanx

·
Registered
179 Posts
If the carb was new 4 months ago it should have some type of manufac. warranty on it. If you had gotten enough water to run through the carb to ruin it... it would have run like crab (if at all). If you just got enough water in the tank to keep it from starting one time ( which unless something is bad wrong will the fuel cap and you have had a water hose in the fill neck) you can poor a bottle of rubbing alcohol in your tank and it will evaporate any water in your tank. I don't trust to many macanics so just be very choosey on who you get to work on you car.

Shane

·
Registered
297 Posts
Sounds fishy to me. What kind of carb is it? Is it just a stock replacement? Water cannot, to my knowledge ruin a carb. It will cause problems that can result in a need for a carb rebuild, but the carb should not need to be replaced. Will the car start with starter fluid? If it won't start with starter fluid, it's not the carb then. Good luck.

------------------
Justin
-1967 Camaro SS350

www-student.furman.edu/users/j/jtrauner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts