Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Retired
16,046 Posts
Mike, what engine? what intake? what are you expecting from the carb? performance or mileage? Post some info. to give the folks a heads up on your long term goal, you will get some good ideas then. :)

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
sorry
i have a 305 with an Edelbrock performer RPM intake.
future upgrades include shorty headers, MDS ignition, and (if i can convince the real owner of the car) a 50 shot of nitrous. Wet, of course.

·
Registered
5,277 Posts
What I did was buy a dirty ol' Holley 650cfm carb a bucket of cleaner and a kit. The carb was $50, the cleaner was $30, and the kit was about $38. I ended up spending another $40 on a mill job to flatten the main body where the metering blocks mounted. I also added a set of check balls to protect the power valves for $7. If you add that all up it comes to about $160.

One bit of advice if you're looking for cores to rebuild. Make sure the throttle shafts are snug. It's common for the bores to wear out and create a vacuum leak around the shafts.

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
Used or new Holley 4160 vac sec. 600 cfm. Used are about $50 a piece. In fact I've got 2 spares. And new there about $330-350. re-manufactured from Holley there $225-250.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts