Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have a stock Rochester 2-bbl with thermostatic (heat) choke on my stock 307 (1969 camaro)...
I want to install a polished 4-bbl intake, & picked up a polished, Cyclone Performer with a Rochester quadrajet profile.

I'd like to get an Edelbrock carb (with an electric choke setup), but don't want to over-fuel the damn thing.

Would someone recommend the 600 cfm or 650cfm model? What carb would best give me durability
(over "performance") and can someone recommend
a particular Edelbrock model? Would this necessitate another linkage setup? Thanks guys.

·
Registered
8,097 Posts
Edelbrock #1406. 600 cfm, square flange, electric choke.

Use with the Performer EPS manifold # 27012 (permastar finish -- not polished but a slick silver powder coating)

Not sure about linkage -- but if its not an exact fit it should be fairly easy to adapt your existing to the new carb. You might need to redo your fuel line too.

PS. I am assuming that you do NOT have an EGR . . . not sure when they started that biz in Califormia. If you have an EGR and need to keep it the manifold and carb PN will change.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, I already have the Cyclone intake (see E-Bay item #7948669256) which will take the Quadrajet; it has the quadrajet . But the quad is a 750cfm, and this may be too much for the 307.... I'd hate to buy a quadrajet @ $260-300 and have to much carb for the 307... But I know what you're saying: those primaries are pretty small and itmay be okay for use... Can someone review the Cyclone intake & maybe make a recommendation. Again, looking for consistency over power...

·
Registered
8,097 Posts
The Q-jet will work fine on your 307. The small primaries are what makes the Q-jet good for a wide variety of different size motors. GM used it on everything from the 500 cid Caddy's down to the little 262 as I recall.

I didn't see you already had the manifold and carb already . . . just use what you already have :rolleyes:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts