Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the catalogs for engine wiring harnesses' they list several with wiring for a carb solenoid, and I know I have seen in one of the Musclecar mags a 69 bb car, auto, that had a carb solenoid and a kick down switch, but I can't seem to see this solenoid in the 1969 AIM. Does anyone know which combination got a carb solenoid in 1969? BB, Sb, Federal, California, Air only?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
768 Posts
A/C cars in 69 got them. they kicked up the rpm's to compensate for the A/C compressor pulling the engine idle down.

·
Retired
16,027 Posts
Ive not seen them reproduced anywhere so I went to the Salvage yard and scalped a solenoid off a 80's rochester carb and fabricated a bracket to hold it until someday I find the right bracket and solenoid. Works like a charm. Tapped into the a/c compressor green wire to run it :)

·
Retired
16,027 Posts
Tony that is the tranny kick down switch, not the a/c carb. solenoid. I dont know that they are interchangeable but that one of your dads bolts to the back end of the carb I think. The a/c solenoid has a long bracket that bolts to both sides of the carb bolts in front of the carb. Thats my take anyway. ;)

·
Premium Member
8,375 Posts
Thanks for the replies

So no AC= no solenoid.

thanks again
Not the rule. Mine is originally an L78 car. Came with the solenoid for idle speed. I don't use it with Projection4 FI, but I still have it and the bracket. Oh, L78 weren't available with AC.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
it just so happens that he car in question is a 69 L78, 4sp car. So did the 69 L78, L89, L72 no air cars have the solenoid?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts