Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tried this in body shop last week but didnt get any responses so here goes. Does anyone make carbon fiber body parts for first gen camaros? Im mainly looking for a hood and inner fenderwells. Im trying to cut weight and have already purchaed carbon fiber valve covers, air cleaner, driveshaft, and transmission pan. I could probably make the fenderwells but i really want a hood.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I too have been looking for someone to make some CF body parts... no luck yet.

Let me know if you find anything and I'll do the same.

Elmer

------------------
1969 Camaro RS Convertible
406 SBC Accel Superram, 700R4, 3.55 12 bolt
DSE Modified Wayne Due suspension, 17" Budnik Prisms, Baer 13" 4 wheel discs, Recaro SRD's, Custom Detroit Speed dash
http://communities.msn.com/TheBearHunt/

·
Registered
48 Posts
bruce69camaro:
Who is "vfn"? I might be interested in good quality fiberglas front end parts for my '69 BB.

Thanks.
Jim

·
Registered
67 Posts
Try Joe Van Overbeek. He ships all over the world! 519-289-0404
Peter

[This message has been edited by COPO PETE (edited 06-29-2001).]

·
Registered
67 Posts
Joe Van "O" has been making carbon fibre parts for a long time. Just about every pro 5.O hood is his. He makes a ton of 69 Camaro parts and the work is second to none. He is a perfectionist! He does not stock pile parts but makes them as the orders come in. The fit is perfect. Joes biggest downfall is that he is swamped with work and is usually pretty "optomistic" on completion dates. What ever time frame he gives you, add a month ot two to it, (don't tell him I said so) but the parts when they come in will be perfect!
PS. Note the # change 519-289-0404
Peter

·
Registered
124 Posts
Thanks Peter! Just got off the phone with Joe. Seems like a nice and knowledgeable guy.

Here's what I found:

69 Camaro bolton carbon fiber hood $920
69 Camaro bolton carbon fiber/combosite mix hood $675
69 Camaro bolton carbon fiber decklid $470
69 Camaro bolton carbon fiber/combosite mix decklid $375

He also has complete front ends and other parts available. I also spoke to him about Phase II of ILLGOTN

------------------
DSE Modified Wayne Due suspension, 17" Budnik Prisms, Baer 13" 4 wheel discs, Recaro SRD's, Custom Detroit Speed dash

·
Registered
1,663 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Joe makes them in cowl form and I think they weigh a whopping 11 pounds.
Peter

[This message has been edited by COPO PETE (edited 06-30-2001).]

·
Registered
124 Posts
Yes they come in a cowl form factor. The one I listed the price for is a 3.5". He also has a stock and Outlaw style.

------------------

·
Registered
2,920 Posts
You cannot simply layup a carbon fiber or kevlar composite body panel and expect it to have any strength or longetivity. Make sure when you purchase these panels, if you find someone making them, that they were properly manufactured. Either using bagging and a vacum pump or preferably an autoclave and baked at the proper temperature and pressure.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Hello all,
I keep trying this link, but it does not go to where I think it should go to.
www.carbonfibermanufacturing.com

I went to Joe Van Overbeek website updated last in 1998, is he still around & does he make hoods for a 1969 Camaro,his site shows like 1993 -98 camaro 93-98 mustang, no mention of 69 or early Camaro stuff.

I too am looking for a Cowl induction hood & fenders in carbon fiber.
VFN, is out of carbon fiber & does not know they will get some in.
I want a bolt on hood & fenders.
Thanks for any help.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts