Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have my carburetor and manifold and air breather. Edelbrock thunder series 650 w/ electric choke and performer intake. When installing, what gaskets or seals am i going to need and if anyone can tell me what else i will require, i will appreciate it. I heard someone tell me to get new fuel lines or fuel pump, but i need that to be elaborated. thanks

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
You'll need Carburetor Gasket and Intake Manifold Gaskets (Suggest Fel-Pro). Distributer Gasket if the old one is no good. RTV or Permatex for the corners were the Intake meets the Block and Cylinder Head. Paper towels to lay over the Lifter Valley and stuffed into Intake Ports. Scrapper and Razor Blades Varsol or Lacquer Thinners for cleaning. It's very important that you do not drop a bolt or washer into an intake runner as it will end up on top of a piston. I doubt you will require a new fuel pump for a 650; however, you may have to change out the gas line/carburetor attachment. You may also have to do minor mods to Vacuum hoses, throttle cables, return springs, kick down brackets .. etc - Have fun

PS: Don't forget to drain a couple of quarts from the rad, it will remove the water from the intake.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts