Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I had a leak in my steering box. I bought a remanufactured one by cardine. The box is 2.5 turns lock to lock. Where the lines attach it has what looks like adapters. They look like a regular flair, but my pressure line leaks now. The return line is dry. Has anyone come across a box with extensions, or adapters? I have not removed them because I'm not sure if the box was stripped, or if it is a later box. Thanks for any input.

·
Registered
72 Posts
There should be a brass flare in the power side of the pump. I got another box and it leaked fluid. I moved the nut and put the end of the pipe in a flaring tool. It was just a little off but re-flaring the end of the pipe fixed my leak and it has not come back. If you need a different adapter, call Cardone. They sent me the adapter that I needed and was missing from box. They shipped it to me within 2 days free of charge.

·
Premium Member
3,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you. My original did not have an adapter, and the line did not leak before. Wondering if the adapter is for the "O" ring line.

·
Registered
72 Posts
If you have the line with a bubble on the end of it you will have to remove the flare adapter that is in the box now from what you stated. The OE line should be a flare fitting end. There is another kind with the bubble close to the end with an O ring. You will need to pull the flare fitting but do not do that without checking for sure take pictures of the line and go to parts house or send in here. The flare adapter can be threaded with a 1/4 " tap. After tapping get fender washers to span the top and use a 1/4" bolt to thread into the adapter and it will pull it right out!

·
Premium Member
3,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you. I do have the regular flair fitting. My line is an OE line going to a banjo style pump. Going to take it off again and look at it a little closer.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts