Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am replacing all of the interior light bulbs. I put the dome light in and immediately, it is very hot to the touch. The PO has the wires hanging down with the proper connectors to install the bulb, but they are not secured in any way and move around quite a bit...and the light is extremely hot. How are the wires supposed to be secured to the dome base. The dome base and dome are new. Any pictures would help. I am concerned with it being a fire hazard if I left the bulb in.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
My 69 got awfully hot too. I just took the bulb back out. Was afraid that it was going to melt the lens. Been that way for 18 years.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey Tarhead.... If we're taulking about a 1st gen, that dome light gets extremely hot to the touch normally!
Tarhead? I see your from Michigan... Must still be bitter for the thumping MSU took in the championship game, :hurray: I checked the dome lights in my other vehicles and none of them were near as hot at the Camaro. As mentioned earlier, my other concern was how the wiring needs to be mounted. The two wires are hanging down with no where to secure them. .

69....Appreciate your response.

·
Registered
4,274 Posts
I am replacing all of the interior light bulbs. I put the dome light in and immediately, it is very hot to the touch. The PO has the wires hanging down with the proper connectors to install the bulb, but they are not secured in any way and move around quite a bit...and the light is extremely hot. How are the wires supposed to be secured to the dome base. The dome base and dome are new. Any pictures would help. I am concerned with it being a fire hazard if I left the bulb in.

Thanks
Greg,
I wouldn't be concerned about the bulb being a fire hazard, even though it gets quite warm consider how it's used.......only when the doors are open or when you turn it on via the headlight switch, and those two occasions don't happen with enough frequency to be a cause for alarm in my opinion.

David F.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts