Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was wondering if anyone could guide me in the right direction of buying carpet for a 69 camaro.i'am wondering if anyone has had real good fitting or are they any particular suppliers i should avoid.all suggestions would be appreciated.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I have had good luck with Year One, generally I think the carpets run 110.00, I'll check my catalog-yep blk runs 109.00, colors 115.00, don't think you'll find much cheeper for the quality (back & front, molded
with heal guard)

·
Registered
1,296 Posts

·
Registered
6,513 Posts
Most of the rugs sold by place like Year one, Classic, D&R etc. are from the same manufacturer. ACC I think. The black ones will fade eventually to a brown color. My black one is about 6 years old (2nd new one in the car since I've owned it) and the entire transmission tunnel is now brown, and it is spreading onto the floor. Although mine is a convertible and the rug is exposed to more sunlight and UV rays than a coupe would e the car spends 7 months of the year in a garage and the fading continues over the winter. Soon I will have a brown rug.

I've heard of cars with black rugs in storage that have not seen the light of day in over a year that have the same thing occuring.

If anyone finds a rug that doesn't fade let us all know who made it.

------------------
Mark Canning
1969 Indy Pace Car
350/300HP RPO Z11

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
The one I got from Classic was made by ACC. It's only been in a little over a month, so only time will tell.
They aren't that expensive, but it sure will be a pain to have to replace it ever two years!

Joe

------------------
69 396 w/SS Trim, B&M TH400, 3.55 12 Bolt Posi, Blue w/White Z28 Stripes, Chrome Rally Wheels
[email protected]
69 Pics http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=1506559&a=11674961

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
has anyone bought the black carpet for a 69 from NPD. that is where i had planned to get it. but a friend of mine got his there for a 67 chevelle and said it was a awful fit.anyone else had any luck with carpet from them..

·
Registered
69 Posts
I got mine for my 72 Elky at NPD, had it about 2 years, it fit well and no discoloration so far.

------------------

·
Registered
124 Posts
A tip for you guys with faded carpet. When I re-did my 68's interior the carpet was in excellent shape except but it was not as black as it should be anymore. I went and bought an old fashioned package of Rite dye, grabbed a big old pot my mom used to use for canning or something, stuffed the whole carpet in and let it sit for 3 days. Came out jet black and still looks great today and that was about 15 years ago. You have nothing to lose if your carpet looks brown and it bugs you.

------------------
<A HREF="http://www.geocities.com/bh3chevy/Bobs_All_Chevy.html" TARGET=_blank>69 X22 Camaro
68 Camaro
72 Nova SS
82 Corvette
</A>

·
Registered
170 Posts
If you purchased any other interior parts (seat covers, door panels etc) get your carpet from the same place....one manfacturer's black may not be the same shade as anothers....each supplier may be just alittle different....

·
Administrator
2,652 Posts
Having owned an auto upholstery shop we have seen a lot of brands. If you buy one made by Auto Custom Carpet you will be the happiest.
Most of the parts places (ground up, year one) sell the acc brand.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts