Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 69 Camaro that is Lemans blue, white stripes, white houndstooth interior and a white vinyl top. The car currently has original style 2 pc black loop carpet in it. I'm wanting to replace it due to fading. I really like the color of the dark blue carpet that was offered for some 69 Camaros but, I don't know if blue was available for my color scheme or not? Do any of you know if blue carpet could have been put in my car at the factory? I've tried to restore my car as correct as possible and would like to have the blue carpet if it is "correct" for my car. My car does have the factory black console as well. Also, I've heard a lot about the good quality of ACC carpets, is that a good brand to buy? Any shared info or suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
274 Posts
It wouldn't be correct for your colour combination but at the end of the day it's only carpet and can be replaced very easily should you wish to go back to standard. Personally I think the black carpet compliments the contrasting look of the white houndstooth interior and would opt for a direct replacement of it.

·
Premium Member
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The more I think about it, I would have to change the carpet on my door panels too so it would match the blue carpet in the floor. Also, I don't know if my black floor mats would look right on the blue. If not, I'd have to spend another $200 on reproduction blue floor mats. I think the black console wouldn't look bad on the blue though. I may very well just replace the black with black. LOL
Car Vehicle Gear shift Motor vehicle Steering part

·
Registered
630 Posts
Well, two things for sure. Black carpet doesn't show stains as much and the vacuuming is equally shared. Any colors with age will eventually look worn if owned long enough, Especially if they are washed and scrubbed to death, which isn't something many of us have to worry about. I think the black carpet looks fine with your car. And like you just said, cheaper to keep the black.

·
15,871 Posts
Black and don’t go back.

Reactions: Bigfish45

·
Premium Member
4,926 Posts
The more I think about it, I would have to change the carpet on my door panels too so it would match the blue carpet in the floor. Also, I don't know if my black floor mats would look right on the blue. If not, I'd have to spend another $200 on reproduction blue floor mats. I think the black console wouldn't look bad on the blue though. I may very well just replace the black with black. LOL View attachment 282413
Either way looks WAY NICE.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts