1,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are having our first of 3 shows for 2014 this Saturday at:

Classic Car Blasting
17 Gigante Drive
Hampstead, NH 9am - Noon

Free coffee and donuts!

More info. here: http://www.classiccarblasting.com/events.html

All special interest cars, trucks and bikes are welcome. We hope to see you there!

Phil

·
15,082 Posts
Re: "Cars and Coffee" this Saturday 9am-Noon in Hampstead, NH

Would love to go but the trip from Vegas.... Oh well.

Post pics for us please

·
Registered
2,457 Posts

Hmmm, now that you've added beer, perhaps a grill with burgers and BBQ :D

Just kidding, looking forward to your event launching the classic car season here in the northeast. :beers:

·
Premium Member
4,806 Posts

They are now calling for some rain on Saturday, which is GREAT! If they are calling for rain 5 days away, it will be SUNNY! :)

Phil
Yeah, I saw the forcast yesterday. If it doesn't rain, I'm planning on stopping by Don's place first to check out the progress on the LS swap in his '69, and then we'll swing by your place for donuts and coffee(beer) with my '67 and his '02.

·
Premium Member
4,806 Posts

Sweet! I'd love to see your '67! My '68 is in our shop now, but I am not sure I want to look at mine next to yours! :eek:

So much work, so little time (and money!).

Phil
No, I definitely want to see the '68 in person. I saw your pics posted on here in another thread. Very cool.:cool:

I just need to leave my car alone for the week so I don't start another project before the weekend!

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Cancelled!

Unfortunately, it looks like Mother Nature is not going to cooperate with us this weekend. With an increase to 70% chance of rain and a fairly good-sized storm coming, we are going to go ahead and cancel our "Spring Cars and Coffee" event and default to our next Summer event scheduled for June 28th. :( We wanted to announce this now, so that the word gets out and people can make other plans.

We apologize for the cancellation, but I'd rather make the call now vs. have confusion come Saturday.

Phil

·
Premium Member
4,806 Posts

Cancelled!

We apologize for the cancellation, but I'd rather make the call now vs. have confusion come Saturday.

Phil
Good call Phil. Usually when they predict rain a week ahead of time they miss it by a day or so. It looks like they might get it right this time.:(

I'll be there for the next one, and Don should have his '69 there as well. You're '68 should be in good shape by then as well?

·
Registered
2,457 Posts

Based on the weather reports I've seen over the last 48 hours, I think you did the right thing Phil. I'll just look forward to the June 28th date instead.

·
Registered
2,457 Posts

I am still going to pick up a dozen donuts and hang out at the shop working on the '68. For anyone interested in stopping by and maybe (hint hint) helping install the new Quick Fuel car, I will be here! :stirpot:

Phil
What time are you planning on being at the shop so I can make the (hint hint) happen? ;)

·
Registered
2,457 Posts

I'll plan to drop by sometime after 9:00 am, those little munchkins are fine and they are also round. I like jelly, and glazed, and butter crunch, and chocolate frosted and ... or whatever you like I'll be fine with.

Do you need me to bring anything with me (tools, equipment, a quart or two of oil?) :bow:

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

Do you need me to bring anything with me (tools, equipment, a quart or two of oil?) :bow:
http://youtu.be/A5cneCgNA9U

You could always bring that new engine and we could get her set in the '68..we'd be driving by the end of the day. :boxing:

Phil

·
Registered
2,457 Posts

Thanks for the offer to bring the engine over and drop it in your 68 but I'm too close to having it ready to fire, I'm half way through getting the exhaust married to the new headers but that was been a challenging step due to the way the existing "custom" system was configured and installed. Hoping to fire her up for the first time on Sunday if all goes well!

Plus if I did bring the new engine over for your 68, we wouldn't get to try that new carburetor on your 350 and I've been looking forward to that :yes:

·
Premium Member
1,128 Posts

OK….into the deep dark garage for the day to get the 69 ready for your next show…..unless i turn on the lights:cool: Dark cold and just plan ****ty out there, what a crappy spring….lets hope for a great summer:hurray:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts