Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's a frightening thought to dwell on;

Checked with an online calculator, (just out of curiousity).

My '99 SS (only +29k miles) qualifys for the cash-for-clunkers program,...($4,500 cash voucher!
...can you imagine trading this car for the voucher; ...remember federal law says they would have to destroy the engine and crush the car!!!!:yes:

How dreadful, to think someone could actually do this!:sad:

·
Premium Member
9,357 Posts
I refuse to let loose of my pinto!!

·
Retired
26,739 Posts
Depending on overall condition the Kelly Blue Book "trade in" value on a '99 SS with 29k miles is between $6000 - $7000. That's "trade in" value, retail (what the dealer would sell it for) and private party sales would be much more... Retail book is $11,000 if the car is in excellent condition...

Let me know if that govt voucher starts tempting you, I can match it in cash! ;)

·
Registered
6,246 Posts
A brand new 99 SS qualifies as well. How about a showroom new 1996 S-class Mercedes V-12? Somewhere along the line you have to be smart enough to realize these are not the cars that are being targeted by the program even though under the scope of it they qualify.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Depending on overall condition the Kelly Blue Book "trade in" value on a '99 SS with 29k miles is between $6000 - $7000. That's "trade in" value, retail (what the dealer would sell it for) and private party sales would be much more... Retail book is $11,000 if the car is in excellent condition...
He's right. It's a shame too. They, dealerships, go by the KBB, which is like next to nothing!!
Only 29k for mileage, I bet she's in great shape though.:beers:

·
Premium Member
2,717 Posts
That would have to be a real stupid someone, considering a '99 SS with 29K miles is worth far more than $4500. Nobody's that dumb.
You have more faith in your fellow man than I do. All it takes is a vengeful wife after a custody battle where she won the car.....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts