Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i recently bought a sony 10-disc changer to put in my trunk to avoid cutting my dash up. my intent was to buy either a kenwood or custom autosound stereo that will fit the stock radio location and then hook it up to the cd changer. it says in the descriptions of the radios that they only work with changers of the same brand, but the sony i have is one of the kinds that transmits via fm signals, and the sales rep assured me that this changer will work with any reciever because it uses fm instead of regular wiring. i was wondering if anyone could verify this before i bought a stereo to go along with it, or whether ive been hosed.. thanks

·
Registered
500 Posts
I'm wondering why you didn't just buy the receiver and disc changer package from Custom Autosound. The Sony changer you bought will work with any stereo with an FM tuner but the sound quality usually isn't as good as the ones that wire directly to the receiver.

------------------
'69 RS Camaro
355 5-speed 4.11

·
Registered
107 Posts
the sony disc changer will work with any stereo - I have one of them. basically, you plug the antenna lead from the stereo into the changers wiring connection and set one of the station presets on the stereo to a channel that is set on the disc changer. then you can hide the wired remote wherever you want.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.