Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

Premium Member
The heads and intake are not going to ad any value to that engine . What part of VA are you in? I probably have an intake and heads to make it correct.馃

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ill sell it without the heads and intake it doesnt matter to me i know what they are worth its mainly the ce bottom end and im in south central va chatham gretna area

Premium Member
Would be a 6 hour drive for me. Would have to be dirt cheap. Thanks though.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Top.end worth q grand whats the shortblock with water pump and deep grooves worth is what i want to know or engine as a whole indo not know if crank is turneed or whatbits turned to i know block is .030 with trw pistons has pink rods they stress relieved beams this was a backup engine for a race car has a milodan or some variant deep.sump pan with kickouts solid lifter flat tappet cam no ridge minor carbon wipes off with finger crosshatch is stil beautiful engine came from a machinists estate

Premium Member
Without all of the original parts, oil pan,and windage tray I would say the short block I would say between $1500.00 and $2000.00. the water pump and pullies are good for a 67-68 . Numbers off the pullies, balancer and pictures of the rear of the crank, as well as a "picture" of the numbers are what is going to help sell it. Your ad is very vague. Pictures of the parts and pictures of the numbers are needed for a good appraisal. It's also used and nobody knows what the crank specs or bearing condition is. Help yourself sell it with as many pictures and the best description you can give. 馃憤

$1500-$2000 is a very generous estimate IMO.

The main issue is there is very little demand. The 2nd is unkown engine condition and the 3rd is location.

So local buyer maybe $1200. If you have to ship the value to the potential buyer goes down.

More info and facts will help you get the best dollar.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The engine still has the studs in the mains for the windage tray not aure why they didnt run it maybe hits the pan i shot somenpaint over letters trying to make them more visible wterpump pulley comes up as 70 up vette but short and long pullies do interchange balqncer is aftermarket im pretty sure as it has to many timing marks to be gm engine has a points distributor with a crane or similar pickup with a built in rev limiter that hides inside

Attachments

Registered
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
This was a backup engine for a scca race car built up north by a guy whose name i do not know around pa area i do t think it has to be number correct just somewhat parts correct heads are 202 160 64cc i dont know the rules so i can not say exactly what its supposed to be as far as condition id say it is a new broken in engine he had backed off rockers waiting on its turn in the car but since everybody seems to think it has about as much value as a rebuilt 350 i might just put it back together and run it in one of my cars for the sake of saying i have a 302 in it i have a couple muncies laying around and a few holleysid probably ditch the team g in favor of a more retro scorpion or lt1 style intake since i already have them

Premium Member
You are correct that most here think it's worth the same as a rebuilt 350. The 302 is a low torque engine and not the best for the street unless you have a 4:10 or higher gear ratio. If it was a "DZ" or a "MO" 302 it would have more value as it could possibly be reunited with it's born with car. Yes it's still a 302, but it's a warranty or a over the counter engine. The fact you say it came out of a Corvette explains the short water pump and pullies. For what it's worth the short and long pullies are not interchangable. Meaning those pullies are only good for someone running a short pump. I wish I could tell you you have a gold mine , but you essentially have a 350 block with a 327 crank and aftermarket parts. Might be best to just keep it like you mentioned. $1500.00 is in my opinion a high end value now that we have more information. I know you are new to the site, so I'll let you know that the two people that have posted on this thread have had 302 engines and the Z 's that they came in, so you are getting a accurate value. Many in this hobby are going LS these days and the value of the small block is going down. Keep in mind , everything your selling is used and is a pig in a poke for the buyer. Hope I haven't offended or made you mad. 馃憤

Registered
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The engine was a backup for a camaro. the number on water pump pulley comes up as a corvette part number per the old google. im not.offended but you.could sell the crank pistons and pink rods for more then they are saying the engine is worth that part is easy to find on the net these days. I thank everyone for the information be it good or bad and i understand i have never ran the engine nor do i know specs i plan on pulling the cam at some point checking to see which cam is in the engine and cam bearings but i have a feeling they will be new but again thank everyone for the information engine is possibly sold anyway guy has a rs z that was a drag car since new so the mo has been gone

1 - 12 of 12 Posts