Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to re-do the two sections of the center console, the one that covers the shifter and the smaller one ahead of the main console. I'd like to find a pre-made carbon fiber piece, or pieces. I've seen the small 4-gauge setup for the front portion but I don't want that. I'd like a complete smooth carbon fiber cover for both. I've looked at Covan's but nothing there... Does anyone know where I can find this? If not, I may cut a piece and cover it with CF material. But only as a last resort. I plan to match this to the Covan's 2 gauge CF piece over the steering column and the CF center dash piece. Anyone???

Jim

·
Registered
85 Posts
Wonder what it would look like if you clear coat over that vinyl? Would seem like it would have more of a finished carbon fiber look?

·
Registered
284 Posts
I had the 4-speed shifter insert and the Autometer gauge pod both done to appear as carbon fiber. It's a water-based application that gets clear-coated and polished. After is done, you can wax it just like any paint job. There are many options available from colored carbon fiber (yellow, orange, etc) to burlwood, to different types of stone. Here's a picture (ignore the broken shifter tunnel):

I've seen pulled the 4-speed and convert to an automatic and will be doing the shifter parts for the automatic to match.

The company that does this is HydroIllusions in St. Petersburg, FL. PM me if you want more contact information.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Tokala, thanks. That's about what I'm looking for.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts