Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all -

Do i need a resistor on the back of my center fuel gauge? If so, what type? My gauge will not go above 1/4 tank.

My current set up is somewhat of a mess. I have a aftermarket auto meter fuel gauge (center mounted). It does not use the factory wiring to the sending unit. It is wired directly to the sending unit.

My OEM center fuel gauge does not have any connectors on the rear - just three prongs sticking out the back for power, ground and sending unit. Seems like i am missing something (adapter, connector) between the fuel gauge and the wiring.

Thanks for any advice!

1969 X-22

·
Registered
134 Posts
Yes, You will need a ceramic or wire-wound resistor which corresponds with your gauge. The fuel gauges have a ground strap which becomes the top ground prong of an original fuel gauge plug, a wafer board insulator (if you are using the wire-wound resistor), and two prongs which become the ignition hot and the sending unit prongs in the original plug. This is all held together by three lock washers and three nuts. Original plug wire colors are pink for ignition hot, tan for the sending unit and black for ground.
Hope that helps.:)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts