1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
57 Posts
I ran 3 5/16 offset 15x7 Centerlines with 235 60 15 for a long time. The 235 were too big for the drop I had on the car though. I trimmed the inner fenders and folded the lip in and still wound up with broken fenders. I was Pro-Touring in the 80's before it caught on with Guldstrand front coils that shortened even further. Currently I have OEM coils with 1 chopped off. Rear are de-arched Z/28 4 leaf springs.

I have 3 5/16 15x5.5 Centerlines now with 185 65 15's. I think the 4 7/8 is too much offset for that width rim. I have 4 7/8 back space on the 15x8.5 on the back of my car with 275 60 15 Drag Radials and that is the absolute biggest tire that would even possibly fit. What you will need to check is to see if the rim will clear/contact the tie-rod end. Centerline uses 3 or 4 different rim halfs to make up all of their different wheel sizes. Your 15x7 would have the same outer as my 15x5.5 and the same inner as my 15x8.5.

·
Premium Member
3,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the input. It is much appreciated. I like the centerline auto drags, but they are not that popular with our first gens.

I turned my wheels lock to lock and measured my current clearance. I have another 3/4inch easily. The 4.875 backspace is only 5/8 more than what I have now in the front, and will the same width tire as now.

So... decided to take a chance. I found a blem and bought one wheel. If it doesn't fit, I will sell it. If all fits, I will pick up another.

I have the same rear wheels as you (15x8.5 with 4.875 backspacing). I am going to run 255 60 in the rear. I had a pair of Hoosier Quick Times same size as you (275 60), but they were too close for comfort. Did not rub in the driveway, but I could just hear my paint burning off the quarter panel first time I went around a corner hard. It is a numbers car, so even though I am doing some simple bolt ons, I didn't want to roll the lip.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I understand that. Mine is a clone and the quarter on this side was replaced and trimmed already. I got my car in November of 1984 so this year marks 30 years of ownership!

I don't have any rubbing on the outside of either side, it rubs on the inside when I turn really hard or if I have 3 or 4 people in the car. Mini-tubbing is probably the answer, but I'm not headed there.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts