Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello fellow Camaro enthusiasts. Been lurking for the past couple years. Thought it was about time to officially register and introduce my self. I'm in the process of restoring a 69 plain jane. I've owned a 67, 68, and a 72 Camaro in the past. Wife currently drives a 2011 SS. Always wanted a 69. I used this web site to educate myself on my purchase.

I wanted a 4 speed and black interior. Found one in Sacramento in April of 2013. A 4 spd , warmed over 350 with a 12 bolt posi. I'm sure I paid to much, but it, "Looked Solid" and ran well. About a month after purchase, (stop me if you've heard this before) I pulled the windshield to paint the dash. Guess what,( I'm sure many of you know where this is headed) the dash was rusted through.

No biggie, I'm fairly experienced and never shied away from any auto project. I started digging deeper and found that the car was a complete rust bucket. The car ended up having every piece of sheet metal replaced. Way outta my league. I ended up taking the car to Central Coast Hot Rods in Santa Maria. Its owned by Chris Jensens who has been around a while. He does great work. Car is painted and just needs some color sanding and buffing.

Stay tuned for before and after pictures.

·
Admin/Super Moderator
12,511 Posts
Welcome Elroy. Do we dare ask how much the restoration of the solid 69 cost? :)

·
Premium Member
1,503 Posts
Welcome to TC! Sorry to hear about the state of your 69 but we look forward to the pictures.

·
Registered
3,665 Posts
Welcome Elroy :beers:
At least you know that the car's rock solid now, the new paint is over steel not bondo, and best of all, it's safe to drive and enjoy for years to come!

·
Super Moderator
32,606 Posts
Welcome, Elroy.
Congrats on your buy, enjoy the Camaro.
Spend your kids inheritance, enjoy your time with your passion.

Remember, experience is the best teacher.

·
Premium Member
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
As many of you know, restoring a project car is not for the, "Faint of wallet". I haven't mustered the courage to add up all the receipts and invoices. Central Coast Hot Rod does have a reasonable hourly rate though.

I'll be posting some pictures in the, Build Project, site.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts