Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody have their exhaust manifolds ceramic coated instead of painting them? I've seen headers coated, I know you can get manifolds coated also, but I'm wondering if they look "coated" or does the coating look like cast iron? If I repalce the exhaust I might have this done also while I'm at it.

------------------
'69 RS SS L78 convertible, M22, 3.31 posi, deluxe interior, gauges, rosewood wheel, AM-FM,fold down seat, SS wheels

[This message has been edited by Chris396 (edited 12-14-99).]

·
Registered
21 Posts
if you plan on using the manifolds instead of headers i would go with powder coating. it's cheaper, will last indefinently, and most places can do any color you can come up with.
josh

·
Registered
366 Posts
I checked into having my cast iron exhaust manifolds powder coated and was told that the selection of colors diminished as the temperature went up. At 600 deg. there was only three colors available, black,silver and some other color, I think he said red. At lower temps the colors greatly increase. This place (in Grand Rapids, MI) quoted me $75.00 and that included the bead blasting. They wanted to know how hot exhaust manifolds get. I don't know. If anyone has any input on this I would appreciate it. Thanks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts