Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1969 Z11 Pace Car convertible with a 300hp/350cid that has a chambered exhaust system. According to my Camaro White Book, this was only an option on the higher horse power 350's, big blocks, and Z28's. Was this also an option on all pace cars since they were a special breed?

·
Registered
500 Posts
Everything I've ever read said that chambered exhaust was a late '69 option on Z28's, big blocks and COPO's only.

------------------
'69 RS Camaro
355 5-speed 4.11

·
Registered
306 Posts
I've read the chambered was standard on early Z's. GM quickly discontinued it because of the noice replacing it with the crossflow muffler system. Then later in the production run adding resonators with the crossflow setup. If pacecars were assembled in Feb or so, more than likely the chambered system had already been discontinued. However, I do believe it remained available over the counter from the parts dept...

------------------
- John -
69 Z/28
69 Z11
Camaro Generations Member
WCA Member

·
Registered
7,608 Posts
It was standard on early big blocks and Z/28. In about December 68, it became an option (NC8) for them. I do not think it was an option for 350/300. In April or May, NC8 was cancelled as an RPO (drawing in assembly manual cancelled 6/13.)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.