Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have been wanting to get chambered exhaust for my 69 z11/396 but when i called gardner exhaust to order they were trying to talk me out of it..they say it would be too loud with my car being a convertible.what do you all think? i am undecided...thanx,david

------------------
1969 z11 pace car.396/350 hp..1997 30th convertible prickyard pace car [email protected]

·
Registered
165 Posts
I have purchase several sets of exhaust from gardner and they know what their talking about,infact I almost have a full set of glasses from them.( you get a Gardner exhaust drinking glass when you buy a exhaust system)

·
Registered
725 Posts
Bah! I have a Gardner chambered exhaust for my convertible and I love it. It's not really that loud until you mash the pedal. Then it opens up. Those glasses are nice

------------------
'69 RS SS 396 375hp L78 Convertible, M22, 3.31 posi, deluxe interior, gauges, rosewood wheel, AM-FM,fold down seat, tilt wheel, SS wheels, console mounted 8 track player, chambered exhaust
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=1169124&a=8603468

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
2-against....1-for...any other input? thanx,david

------------------
1969 z11 pace car.396/350 hp..1997 30th convertible prickyard pace car [email protected]

·
Registered
161 Posts
I LOVE! the sound of them. I'm trying to get some on my 71.I've got the flowmasters on now,and I do like those but not as much as the chamber.By the way I'm an old fart and still like the noise. Ask my wife she thinks all my music is noise!!

------------------
70 z/28 4sp,71 camaro hugger orange/white stripes,2000 v8 Grand cherokee.(Former Know it All)

·
Registered
6,513 Posts
I've got them on my car and they sound great. Can be a bit much on long highway trips but overall they sound good. They are loud though, those of you that have them in coupes can't really compare the sound that you hear to those with convertibles though. The exhaust doesn't really sound that much louder than a stock single cross over muffler in my car with the top up for general cruising around town and even on the highway, but drop the top and the ambient noise in the car increases quite a bit. Don't waste your money on a good stereo if your going to use chambered exhaust because you won't be able to hear it on the highway.

------------------
Mark Canning
1969 Indy Pace Car
350/300HP RPO Z11

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanx guys for the replies,,,a probably will not buy them....i really do like listening to the stereo...thanx for your replies....david

------------------

1 - 10 of 10 Posts