Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a69 rs/z-28 built late nov. 69.The guy I got the car from said it came with chambered exhaust but he took the exhaust off because he didn't like the way it sounded and sold the exhaust.I was told that the exhaust was deleted from production late in the year or was it still available for late production cars.The car is all original numbers match.Would like to keep it original as possible.If it came with chambered were is a good place to get achambered exhaust from?

·
Premium Member
2,118 Posts
NPD, Classic industries, Rick's and Year-one are some of the suppliers who had them for your 69.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Not sure if mine counts as late, but it's a 4th week september 69 Norwood car. VIN is 689364. I'm always ready to talk about Camaros.

-Marc

·
Registered
370 Posts
Late cars did not come with Chambered on it from the factory. The cut off was Dec.-68 you could order it for a few months after that but it was not long. After that it had to be dealer installed and not a lot of dealers would do that because off the paper work. So if your car was a Nov. 69 car it woukd not have come with Chambered on it. Hope this will hepl.

69RS Z/28 96 IMAPLA SS 82 C10SWB 300HP 350

·
Registered
6,513 Posts
You could order chambered exhaust right up until the begining of May 1969. The Option was cancelled in early May, and any car ordered with chambered exhaust that was in production before May 19th 1969 was completed with the chambered exhaust. Any car that was in production on, or after May 19th, was completed with the standard N10 dual exhaust, no matter how it was originally ordered.

So anything with a build date after 05B did not have a chambered exhaust system installed in the factory.

------------------
Mark Canning
1969 Indy Pace Car
350/300HP RPO Z11

·
Registered
6,138 Posts
Yup, agree with Mark on the May cutoff date. Done cause of noise complaints by local governments.

Rob, I'd be interested in the trans and axle codes for your car if you have them. Nice color, nice car! (You were at Domino's last summer.
)

------------------
Kurt S.
www.camaros.org

·
Registered
6,138 Posts
Thanks Rob!

We only have 4 cars in the database after X77D80's car. That is one of the last ones made in 69. Rob's car is from earlier in the 11A week.

Marc, I sent you an email with a question about your car's axle.

------------------
Kurt S.
www.camaros.org

1 - 12 of 12 Posts