Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,
I've heard about stuff called brown bread etc...that supposodly works as good as dynamat but is way cheaper? Where can I buy this stuff and how much should I need for every square inch of my interior(floor, dash, door panels and headliner)?
Thanks a million,
Donnie

·
Registered
157 Posts
search online for b-quiet-they are the dist. for brown bread. You said you wanted to cover every sq.inch? I used brown bread and had ordered 70 sq ft., wish i would have ordered the 100 sq ft roll. I covered as far under dash as i could reach all the down the entire floor and way up to the rear window.The doors(under the door panels) inside the rear qtr skins as far as I could reach,under the rear seat side panels, and double on the trans tunnel. Did not do the roof panel. Supposedly you don't need to cover every sq inch to get total deadening. I also covered most of the door skin, but not all of it. My car is VERY quiet now,compared to before.Except at wot.If I'd ordered the 100 ft roll, would have been able to cover everything completely. I also used a heat gun to help mold and stick the deadener to the metal(heat the metal-not the deadner. It worked awesome and really helped to get the deadener to fit perfectly to every nook and cranny. Just don't get the metal to hot-especially where's there's paint on the other side!! If you need more in info email me, Tom.

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
I just installed Fatmat, $99 on ebay for 100 sq ft. I doubled up under the rear seat (muffler area) and on the drive tunnel area. Good stuff. I've used everything from Original Dynomat, Dynomat Extreme, and Fatmat and I am satisfied with the quality of it. Great price too.

·
Retired
16,004 Posts
I used a product called Death Mat, foil backed rubber membrane, doubled up in foot well in front and under rear seat where mufflers push up a lot of heat. I got 100' in 18" wide roll for $130 and it laid down very nicely. There are lots of options to Dyna Mat so do your homework and enjoy.

·
Registered
101 Posts
So how is the results of doing all that work? is it cooler when its hot and that much quieter?

·
Retired
16,004 Posts
Much cooler, probably saved us on our trip to Seattle in 104 degree heat. Much quieter on the highway when windows are up too. Worth it to us.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Like most here I am also in the process of "restoring" my camaro. While I was working on putting the interior back together after removing some light rust of the pan. I purchased the OER sound-deadner which is about a 1/16 of an inch. WTF this won't do didly. I had just got through re-roofing ma garage with a torch down bitutane material that was 3/8 thick. I though why not use it at $50 for a 100sg-ft. This stuff is awsome dynamat sucks in comparison. The only draw back which is it has to be put down with a propane type torch. THe fuel line and gas tank were out and I was in the process of doing the undercoating too. Bitutane is cheap easy to find at a roofing outlet and is so much thicker than any other Dyna-anything.

Just my 0.02 cents

·
Registered
39 Posts
Talk about perfect timing on a topic. I was just pricing out the Dynomat this morning. I just ordered a 100' roll of the FatMat instead. I need to reduce the sound of those flowmaster just a little ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts