·
Gold Lifetime Member
1,016 Posts
can we say, "over-correction."

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
don't be quick to judge, things happen quickly and you do the best you can.

For the record i don't know the person, i found this on the web.

Mike

·
Registered
10,475 Posts
I agree that car was getting with the program. It never looked to be completely hooked up. I woudl guess from what I saw it was a fairly big tired car (tall slicks?). Once they get out of shape it is not easy to correct them smoothly. I would also guess it was a short wheelbase car? (Mustang?) Shorter wheelbase cars get out of shape quicker and require more input from the driver to correct. Looks to me like the driver did what he could to keep it off the wall, the only thing he could/should of done differently is lift earlier in the run when it was skating around (IMO). I am sure the drive would say the same thing. The good news is he looked to be un harmed. What does that car run?

Thanks for sharing the clip.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't know what the car runs. I also thought it was a mustang from the right side of the dash. The car is either blown or turboes , i could hear that. And if you watch the gauge it changes quite a bit, having me believe it make a good amount of boost too.

·
Registered
8,097 Posts
Definately a Mustang from the dash.

The guy kept his composure pretty well . . . I didn't hear him say a word, even once the car stopped moving.

·
Premium Member
2,006 Posts
At least he cut a good light.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
The driver's name is Lane, the car is an 88 LX Mustang.
The car is a Turbo Powered small tire car.
The wreck happened a few weeks ago at Atco.

the car is now being repaired, the driver Lane has a new roof on the way, and is repairing the car.

The car also set on fire, and the On-board fire system saved the car.

It was a cold day.

I wouldnt be quick to blame the driver's errors unless you've been in a similar situation, I havent been in a car that fast, and its not my place to judge the driver's abilities.
things happen real fast in an 8 second capable ride.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Looks like the car is constantly pulling. He was correcting it from the get go. Possialby tire pressure?
Glad to see the driver was ok and he had all of the proper safety equipment. I wish the Tech was a little tuffer around here.(tx) I swear there are some real mouse traps going down the strip.

·
Registered
374 Posts
mr drag fab said it happened elsewhere a couple of weeks ago (just so ya know)

·
Registered
10,475 Posts
That is definitely not Sac Raceway.

Cold track makes sense, he did not have much traction (from the looks of it) after 60ft out. It left hard but, started sliding around quite a bit. Glad he is ok and getting the car ready to run again. This kind of stuff happens from time to time when racing, that's why the rules are the way they are. That's two videos in the last month or so that the roll bar did it's job.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
IN my expierence i have found it best to always lift and then as much as possible let the car correct it's self. I realize that this is not always possible but i have found that the less correcting you have to do the better. I have saved my butt many times with this manuver.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts