Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
662 Posts
I have been thinking about it too, but I am going to go with a gen III( I think)

·
Registered
102 Posts
Yeah, that article was interesting. Sounds like a simple setup. I would like to see some of the engines they have been used on. I had never heard of them before

·
Registered
8,305 Posts
i first read about them about a year ago in Car Craft, i think, but maybe it was PHR.
back then, they were selling their first kits for 5.0 Fords. looks like they've expanded their lineup a bit.
one thing to keep in mind if you want efi for the mileage- the $3k purchase price for this setup buys a LOT of gas. it would take a lot of miles with a 2 or 3 mpg gain to pay for itself.
as for power- i don't think i've seen a before/after dyno pull with this setup.

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
A lot of hype on their website, but it's probably a decent system. The stuff about mass air not needing to be tuned is BS IMO... they may be able to provide a lowest common denominator tune that mostly works for everyone, but I'd put money on it not being anywhere close to perfect on transients.

I'm sure many LS1 owners would laugh their tailpanels off at their statement that "General Motors systems, for instance, do not respond well to major upgrades, and no amount of chip tuning or dyno time will make it right. They run, but not quite as well as they should. Ours works differently. It's all in the programming!". They must be referring to the early MAF-based TPIs systems. GM PCMs have changed a lot since 1985 :). I don't see much mention of spark tuning either...

Worst of all, it looks like they're using Ford sensors and PCM!

·
Registered
8,305 Posts
yup. it's all Ford electronics.
if i remember correctly, they started out in the Cobra kit car market..
which would explain the fondness for Ford stuff- it's what they know.
i kind of look at it as the "Holley 1850" or Quadrajet of the aftermarket efi market. you can put it on pretty much anything, and it will run alright.

·
Premium Member
11,170 Posts
In some respects , this is almost the same as the Edlebrock Proflow I had on my Trifive. It was unitized with all ingnition and fuel together but used a EPROM chip designed to your cam. Sounds like a better system to me.

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
In the 21st century, any PCM isn't flash-programmable is a dinosaur. And for an aftermarket controller, I'd expect to be able to adjust it while the engine is running, not just a full download with the engine off.

Holley 1850 is a great analogy! Except unlike the 1850, their system probably works really well at WOT right out of the box.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts