Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
671 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guy's I know this is way off topic of Camaro's, But you can't drive one ever day. I own three 69's at the moment and love them all but I have a question maybe someone can help with?

I recently bought a 2000 model 1500 Express conversion van and she sure don't drive like a Camaro :eek:))) wish it did!
Anyway it has the factory 15" wheels / tires and rides good on the highway but has serious body roll in the twisty's and I am thinking of changing wheel/tire combo to something that will give me a tolerable level of both ride and handling if possible?

Any ideas? Suggestions? or thoughts on this?:beers:

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
i got a 96 1500 conversion van. i put a extra leaf in the back.took care of bouncing in the back.for the front i put on truck shocks they where 100 bux each but it took bounce out of front.also put on 6 ply or 8 ply tires on it took alot of sway out of it pulling camaro on trailer or camper on back in winds.

·
Banned
21,341 Posts
Imho, you are driving way too hard!!

Check the rear roll center height and you will see what I mean.

Wider rims off-set out w/ hi-po-, low profile, wide tires ALL around and a lowering kit on the rear as well as a rear s/b, full poly and stiffer rear leaf springs will help.

Front, lower her along w/ a BIG s/b and stiff front coils and again, full poly or whatever to get the soft stock rubber outta the suspension is all.

I think the old VAN mags might have online stuff here if you do a web search???????????

pdq67

1 - 3 of 3 Posts