Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm thinking about getting classic car insurance since the camaro isn't a daily driver anymore. just wondering what the restrictions are and how they go about assessing the value of your car. i'm guessing there's some differences between insurance companies. any suggestions? another thing too, i'm 23, so i'm not to that magical insurance age of 25 yet. i can always insure it under my father with me added as a driver.

·
Retired
16,044 Posts
Like Ev says, try a "search" in here and type in 'insurance' and you will have reading for hours on what folks have experienced. I just upped my coverage again, 2nd year in a row with Hagerty. Great folks, fast handling a windshield replacement I had to do after taking a rock on the interstate.
Not sure how your age affects classic insurance but having your dad involved might help.
Good luck

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks guys. looks like a lot of people are insured with hagerty after doing a search. how strict are they on the usage restrictions? would i be insured if i take the camaro out to dinner or leave it in a parking lot every once in a while?

·
Registered
775 Posts
I use AON collector car insurance. They are much more lenient on the usage restrictions and the price and coverages are still good. www.kandkcollectorcar.com

·
Registered
259 Posts
how about for a daily driver? well almost. maybe 3 times a week to work and on weekends? i want to enjoy my car but still want good insurance coverage. what company fits my needs?
zack68

·
Registered
73 Posts
I tried to get that on my 67 camaro , I got a quote and called to talk with a rep , he told me how much coverage I could have and we agreed , but when I got the paper's in the mail to sign and send in the payment they wanted me to have a vehicle licensed and insured for each driver in my house , :eek: :rolleyes: (YEAH RIGHT) my camaro was the only vehicle that I owned at the time , what a crok , I would like to have a extra vehicle but don't know how or when that will ever happen , had to just forget the classic insurance after that ,

·
Premium Member
797 Posts
I have Hagerty currently but with the 70 Pro street going on the road this year I probably be transferring to AON as they will cover cars with rollbars and blowers. Pricing seems to be inline with Hagerty. Anyone ever had a claim with them? how was the process?
Collector car insurance being a crock? IMO no, the restrictions is what keeps it reasonably priced.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I just went throgh the same thing. I went with AON after really talking with Hagerty. With Hagerty your car will not be insured if you go to dinner and leave it parked outside. I asked that specific question. AON is about the same price and much more liberal on their restrictions. They also have a "Casual Use" clause that will let you use your Camaro to run simple errands and go out to dinner. Good luck and make sure to ask lots of questions before you decide!!!

·
Retired
16,044 Posts
Not sure who is talking to you guys from Hagerty but thats simply not true about your car in the parking lot. On cruises and car shows of several days in length, they are insured when you are in the motel or the bathroom at the show. Maybe someone is thinking you are going out to dinner every night or something. I think we know how to park our cars in a dinner lot so nobody can ding it. They just dont want daily work use or racing. those were the 2 biggies when I talked to them, I called before a 10 day trip last august to Seattle and motels every night, they said no problem since you are going to and coming from a car related event.
check again and ask the question in a different way. Might get different answer.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Giving different answers to the same question seems to be what Insurance companies do best. Unfortunately that makes me uneasy about whether they'll honor their cover in the event of a claim.
I had the same conversation with the rep at Hagerty and ended up going with AON for the reasons stated above. I was told by Hagerty I could basically only drive the car to and from shows or club events.
-Andy

·
Registered
775 Posts
I have AON collector car insurance on my Camaro. So far, the only claim that I have had to make was for a broken winshield (insurance companies are required to do this in KY with no deductible) and everything went fine. I have been very happy with them. Haggerty and Grundy are just too restrictive. I bought my car to drive, not to just go to car shows in.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts