Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Classic Industries 20% discount card just showed up in the mail! I have been waiting months for this to show. Just thought i would let you all know to start checking your mail if you haven't received it already.

Jerry

·
Registered
662 Posts
I could never understand that...you order some radio knobs, and it's like $12.00? I EBAY a fair amount, and I ship alot of stuff, and by no means do I get a discount!, but I could ship them knobs PRIORITY MAIL, for about $4.00!

Just seems like they should get a better discount on shipping...hard to believe I can ship that much cheaper...I know they have people to pay, but bet ya' it's not by the package!...but places like summit etc, charge $9.95 for most items, are they bigger?, more than likely, but I bet there is more of a "mark-up" on them camaro parts from "overseas", than from Summit.

·
Registered
581 Posts
They have had to keep their prices in check because of competition. 5-10 years ago they were getting really high on everything so I guess this is their way of replacing their increases.

·
Premium Member
1,267 Posts
Can just anyone get this discount?
Do you need the card or just verbally give them the code?
Don't they know which customers they sent the coupon to?
I'm sure they will give it to you and take your money....Shipping to NJ is rediculous. Buy some molding clips for 6.95 and pay 10.00 for shipping...I have gotten stuff from Ricks and other places that the shipping was for the most part on the level. When I get the 20% card from CI it pretty much means nothing to me...You can have my cards if you want

·
Registered
925 Posts
Last time I ordered, I tried using the %20 discount, so they marked up the shipping a bunch and lied all about it. I ended up giving a local shop the sale and it turns out they order their stuff from Classic. They sold it to me for regular price without any discount with tax for less than classic wanted with shipping. I asked them if they were charged a lot for shipping and said NO. So basically classic wanted to gouge me on shipping because I was using %20 off. SCREW CLASSIC

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'm sure they will give it to you and take your money....Shipping to NJ is rediculous. Buy some molding clips for 6.95 and pay 10.00 for shipping...I have gotten stuff from Ricks and other places that the shipping was for the most part on the level. When I get the 20% card from CI it pretty much means nothing to me...You can have my cards if you want
It seems that shipping is bad from a lot of different places so I wouldn't be too hard on Classic. I thought about ordering convertible boot snaps from Rick's the price was somewhere around 8 bucks and the shipping was close to 10 bucks. They could have sent me the snaps and screws in a plain envelope for less than 60 cents. I didn't buy them, or have I bought anything else that required shipping.

Yeah it does, sales tax!
Yeah tax sucks but it is a way of life in CA. You pretty much forget about it.

·
Registered
295 Posts
:( How about this, I ordered 2 cans of spatter clear & some gaskets for my taillight housings, I said i wanted them 3 day ship & they said ok, 3 days later i got my gaskets with no cans (the pack list said back ordered). :mad: I called them up and said whats the deal, I didnt get my paint, & they said oh the paint cannot go air.& i said why does it say back ordered,thats the code it falls under.I told them if i knew i wouldnt get the paint in 3 days i wouldnt order it 3 day. I said i want my shipping costs back,they himmed & haadd for a while til i got rude:angry: & then they said ok money refunded for shipping.I say put that in your pipe & smoke it. :yes: Thats how you have to deal with them:thumbsup:

·
Registered
519 Posts
Just went down to the retail counter today to take advantage of the 20% off. Man that place was a mad house. I've been down a few times and always been treated good. Today however I got nailed with 25% restocking fee on everything I returned, even though I spend $200 over the return amount. Told me if it's over 30 days 25% restocking fee applies. Most of the items were 5 months old and all in the original packaging. Guy at the counter was a real jerk too.

I'll probably go back next weekend as I need to try and exchange a defective brake cable and pick up a few things I forgot.

·
Registered
295 Posts
So far Ive spent over 3K$ with them, youd think they would reconize that but I havent seen any thanks. Im gonna start using ricks.:yes:

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
So far Ive spent over 3K$ with them, youd think they would reconize that but I havent seen any thanks. Im gonna start using ricks.:yes:

We all love ya'. Your family loves ya'. Classic Industries and the others don't give a damn about ya' (or me for that matter). Business deals have become a "what have you done for me lately" proposition. While it takes some shopping around sometimes, if you take the time, you can get what you need from the smaller outlets, and the lower shipping and better service is worth the extra time, IMO. I use only smaller places now, and find it a far better way to do business, and that relationship (and your 3000.00) will always be important to these smaller shops. I know it takes time to pack and ship this stuff, but shipping should not be a revenue generator of the magnitude it seems to be with Classic and some of the others. I have always received good service from Classic, but over time, I think the buying habits of the musclecar hobbyist (me anyways) eventually forces them to seek out better deals and better customer service.

·
Premium Member
2,177 Posts
Craig, very well said. I know I have sent someone's kid thru college over at Classic as they have been my main supplier for 3 69's. I too have since gone to the smaller shops as I find the shipping and customer service at Classic to be less than competitive to the other shops avalable now. Most of the time the 20% off discount does not apply to 75% of the parts listed. It used to be good on just about everything. I spent $2500 and got $70 off. The catalog did not say these parts were excluded from the discount. I was less than happy and have not been back since. I wrote them and never got an answer from their customer service. Not my idea of taking care of the public.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.