Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was looking for any feedback on this panel. Has anyone here used it? How was the quality and fit? They dont show a picture of the back. Does it have mounting bosses for wiper/ac heater/light switch like the original dash? I like the gauge layout, if you know of a better panel to use, please share. thanks.

http://www.classicindustries.com/camaro/parts/169271.html

·
Registered
590 Posts
It looks just like my covan's thunder road panel. The panel is nice, but the gauges all angle down, which makes it hard to read the top half of the face. I sent it back, and got the same exact one in return. After a few calls, it seems all the 3 3/8 panels are like that. They told me to buy the 5" style, as they dont have that problem. Then he tried to sell me 5" gauges, lol. I made some angle rings to put behind the gauges. Its better, but still isnt great. Scott

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply Scott. Good information to know. In the picture it looks like the surface that the gauges attatch to are vertical but pictures can be deceiving, thats why I posted this. Was going to use the New Vintage gauges with the glass lenses, not sure if that will help with visibility, less reflection than plastic lens. Thanks again.

·
Registered
10,515 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
1 - 8 of 8 Posts