Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone used or had any expeirance with this kit. the part num is 500-661 in the catalog it looks to have everything needed. i installed car audio as a living for a bit, so i am famillar with wiring up 12 volt.
thanks

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
I have this kit. I haven`t installed it yet, but have went through it. I can say it is pretty much plug and play. There are a few wires that you have to terminate, but it comes with all the neccessary connectors and plugs. Very complete wiring harness. With that being said, my car is a 67 rs, so I still have to buy the front light harness, which is not included in the kit you mentioned. If your car is a 68 or standard 67, then it comes with the neccessary front light wiring harness.

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
That kit is made by American Autowire, makers of the best GM harnesses. We install a lot of these Classic updates, 3 are being installed right now as we speak in our shop, and have sold many to Team Camaro members.

We also sell them for less then Classic. $475

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
I have this kit. I haven`t installed it yet, but have went through it. I can say it is pretty much plug and play. There are a few wires that you have to terminate, but it comes with all the neccessary connectors and plugs. Very complete wiring harness. With that being said, my car is a 67 rs, so I still have to buy the front light harness, which is not included in the kit you mentioned. If your car is a 68 or standard 67, then it comes with the neccessary front light wiring harness.
Hey Jeremy when you are ready for the r/s add on I have one I purchased and didnt use I could sel you. I ended up using the retro electic motors and didnt need it.

·
Registered
116 Posts
One more quick question for Frank--on the Classic Update Harness-p/n 500-686-- do you have to terminate the wire ends for each component? such as headlights, park, turn signals, etc?

Thanks for all of the great advice on this site

Dan

:beers:

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
You will terminate ends for Headlamp wiring, taillight woring, etc. This is because there is extra length for those wanting to run wires hidden under fenderwells, etc. 80% of the kit has the plugs and pull offs already in place.

It is not a difficult install, but is not plug and play like repro harnesses are either.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts