Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who has used Classic Industries window glass; was the quality and fit good ?
Thanks, Ron.

·
Registered
984 Posts
I have not..
..but I did price and compare the glass at Classic Industries, before calling my local glass company.
My local guy said, "sure, no problem, everyone get's their glass from the same place."
It took a week to order, but was about $20 cheaper than CI and no shipping charges, and they installed it.
Yes, the same glass company that did my '91 Toyota truck and '02 Subaru, did my '68 Camaro.
Call Wilson Brothers Glass (865) 523-6136
or Southeastern Glass (865) 523-5113
or Clearview Glass (865) 523-2275.. see what they say.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
I have not..
..but I did price and compare the glass at Classic Industries, before calling my local glass company.
My local guy said, "sure, no problem, everyone get's their glass from the same place."
It took a week to order, but was about $20 cheaper than CI and no shipping charges, and they installed it.
Yes, the same glass company that did my '91 Toyota truck and '02 Subaru, did my '68 Camaro.
Call Wilson Brothers Glass (865) 523-6136
or Southeastern Glass (865) 523-5113
or Clearview Glass (865) 523-2275.. see what they say.
What he said....check locally first, you might be surprised. I was quoted $396, tax included, for parts and labor to remove and install front & rear glass in my 69 Camaro. This also included disposal of the old glass if needed.

·
Registered
910 Posts
This is a good question. I have already removed all my glass (Next time I WILL call the professionals!) but I will need all glass - factory tint. I will get a pro to do the front and back but do you think they would install the doors even though I removed it?

Does anyone have the Classic door glass in their car? I have heard good and bad but need more info...

Thanks,

Bill

·
Registered
984 Posts
I removed my door glass, and then called the local glass shop to remove the windshield.
At that time, I asked if they would re-install my side glass.
The guy said, "sure no problem.".
I then explained I'd be getting new doors and I'd be converting to power windows.

He said it would take a little more time to get everything lined up, but I would
need to have the pillar and top door moulding in place first.

I've kept all my glass, to make sure the new stuff is the same.
They will haul it away when I'm done.

·
Registered
910 Posts
I removed my door glass, and then called the local glass shop to remove the windshield.
At that time, I asked if they would re-install my side glass.
The guy said, "sure no problem.".
I then explained I'd be getting new doors and I'd be converting to power windows.

He said it would take a little more time to get everything lined up, but I would
need to have the pillar and top door moulding in place first.

I've kept all my glass, to make sure the new stuff is the same.
They will haul it away when I'm done.
Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet - I'm gonna have to try that approach!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts