Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think That all full cars for sale on this site should list the last 5 didits of the vin# so that we have an idea of the cars that are passing through here.
This will let us monitor some of the vins and by posting 5 out of 6 numbers we can narrow the field to one of three cars built. If someone is not willing to put up a vin then let them advertise some place else as maybe we can eliminate some of the fraud cars and scammers who have no clue about the vin..While i know it is not fool proof it may make someone think and may also let someone spot a car carrying their vin#. There are alot of swaped vins comming out and this may help to bring some light to a taged car carrying an attached vin.

Just a thought and Im sure someone can improve the idea but we need to do somthing to curve the number of people getting cars with swaped vins.

Any thoughts?

·
Administrator
2,656 Posts
I like the idea, but right now we are having a tough time just getting the ads in the correct category. :sad:

It's still worth a shot so it is now added to the fields when someone wants to sell a first gen.

We would like a database of searchable vins so stolen and questionable cars can be tracked.

Al

·
Registered
418 Posts
to elaberate on drags idea, have anyone selling a full car run the FULL vin and tag through the mods.[hawiiancamaro, he loves that stuff] before listing even occurs. hell I'll throw him a few bucks towards the site if I want to sell my car here, few for him too . I fully agree with drag and I would also like to either have an address to send my tags from a donar for historical value or a site showing the snips at work. CRG may want hem just for CSI type reasons:cool: Theres a members and non members forum:: SEND IN YOUR INVALID TAGS, They will never be altered or reused in any way other than investigation and prosperity. Seperate the men from the real men

·
Registered
860 Posts
Guys i like the idea also,but i just posted a ad in the 67 for sale section and just typed in xxxxxxxxxxxxx for the vin number and the system let it right by,, might be something you want to look into Al.This should be on all cars for sale project or showroom ready.as for dead tags i know hawiiancamaro keeps a list of them as does CRG, just email them to any of those guys and it gets added to a data base,,Frank

·
Administrator
2,656 Posts
There is no way to make a vin entry validated. Realistically I don't think there is any way to force a vin into the ad system if someone doesn't want to enter it, well other than basically shutting the classifieds down to a trickle.

·
Premium Member
7,196 Posts
Let me know Al if you need help keeping the ads catagorized. It would be right up my alley. Though I think last time I mentioned it, you said there wasn't a way to seperate the section admin permissions from the rest of the site (if I recall correctly).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.