Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a real nice set of orginal black houndstooth seats that need clean what would be the best method of cleaning these , I would really like to keep the orginal seats.

·
Premium Member
4,327 Posts

My wife bought this. It kicks butt in cleaning. I got stains out of car seats I never thought would come out.

·
Registered
7,608 Posts
Go to Yenko.net and look at the long thread about the Dana Camaro found in Hawaii. Brian Henderson, from SuperCar Workshop used a product called Green Clean or something like that to clean up the Houndstooth seats. There are pics of before and after on the thread.....unbelievable!

·
Registered
13,314 Posts
Green Clean
If that is the same product avaliable in NZ, I would not use it...sure will clean up great, but also will break down the stiching and threads later.

·
Registered
48 Posts
If that is the same product avaliable in NZ, I would not use it...sure will clean up great, but also will break down the stiching and threads later.
I believe that to be correct. And think about it, any soap or detergent that you use will leave a residue in the fabric. It's like washing your hair with shampoo, and then not rinsing it. I would use a sponge, dampened in a solution of amonia and water, and of course a little elbow grease. Perhaps you would need something else for stubborn stains, but for overall cleaning, amonia will evaporate without leaving a residue. That is how I clean my carpets, that way they don't seem to get dirty right after you clean them.

·
Registered
13,314 Posts
I have the orginal vynl seats...
Used washing machine powder...as it is designed for cloth...
Soaded and light scrub...then using the water blaster..not close up...cleaned off...and let dry over a couple hot days in the shade.
Then used pledge several times over several days
10yrs on the seats are still in mint order....after over 250,000 miles
Resently changed them for 1988 Subaru Omega/leone seats, and put the orginals in storage.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.