Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a problem i have an 80 Z28 with a big block i have to run tall valve covers to clear valve train, they r going to hit brake booster is there a booster off any other car thats a smaller dia that will fit

·
Premium Member
9,357 Posts
Run manual disk brakes!!!! Or buy a 7 inch booster if you have room...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Manual disc? how does that work on the street? I would have room for 7" whta r they from/

·
Premium Member
9,357 Posts
You can buy an aftermarket 7 inch booster to fit that camaro.. Check summit or jegs...you can keep your master or buy a new one..

·
Registered
414 Posts
I have a 427 in a 79 Z-28 with the old school Mickey Thompson valve covers that clear my Crane roller rockers and had no problem clearing the booster or the factory A/C. I used all of the small block stands and mounts with no issues besides slipping it in with the 9 qt oil pan (just a bit tricky) but it fits as well with no clearence issues. The only thing I had to do was cut i hole in the hood under the stock Z-28 scoop for air cleaner clearance, running an old sideways Torker intake and a 850 holley, and a factory GM drop down air cleaner used with holley carbs...

·
Registered
161 Posts
i kno i have a whole different gen car, but i ran into the same issue with BBC tall VC hitting the booster, since i had my whole brake system in place and didnt wanna touched that, and i still havent bought any VC and i knew i wanted to flat surface on top to get some custom airbrushing, so i got sum cheap ebay aluminum tall valve covers (60bucks), measured what needed to be notched, and made sure it didnt interfere with my rocker, sent then off to a local welder (30 bucks) gott hem back, then sent them off for powdercoating (40 bucks) satin black, like the rest of the car will be. im happy how they came out i have about a 1/8" clearance between the booster and VC , but i think im still going to put a a little something in between so no rubbing will happen here are sum pics, hope this helps...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I had no problems till i put stud girdle on I was using Moroso covers but the valve train hits the covers now so went to a fab. alum cover.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts