Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all I have a 6al and MSD billet distributor (2 wires with a plug to the box) along with a blaster coil on a 69. When I hook it up according to the instructions I have no spark . I have a Hitachi style starter only hooked up to the purple wire (yellow is taped up there is only one spade connection) The car cranks over fine. I have the small red wire(from the 6AL)connected to the yellow (old) coil wire . I had it (the red) connected to both the cloth wire and the yellow ,with the same results. Any help appreciated hopeful I've over looked something stupid.
Thanks Bob :beers:

·
Super Moderator
32,533 Posts
Cloth covered wire to small red wire is the box 'turn on' signal.
You might jumper battery voltage to the small red wire just to see if the system works.
I'm sure the coil is hooked up correctly in accordance to the instructions.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I got (I think) it I don't think the yellow is useful any more. I hooked the small red to a dedicated keyed on power supply and got FIRE ! I guess the cloth is of no use either....

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Simultaneous posting..... thanks Jake you were correct sir, its amazing what a fresh (un alcohol tinged) brain can do in the morning ! I went to bed all depressed last night.

·
Super Moderator
32,533 Posts
Cool! Jake is a pretty smart Basset Hound...and he doesn't stay at a Holiday Inn Express either...

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry Everett guilty of speed reading . The older you get the less time you have. I have to speed everything it seems anymore . This current (life time) project has left me has left with no time or $ . Wife is LOVING it :thumbsup: , she just wants one box to be for her :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts