Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need information on the clutch fork in my camaro.After putting new bushings & stops in my pedal assembly I had no free play. When I went to adjust my clutch & found too many home made parts in it after replacing them & adjusting the clutch now my clutch rod is sticking thru my clutch fork about 1/4 inch is this normal or do I need a new clutch fork ?

·
Registered
252 Posts
There are some clutch forks with a hole in them that use a clutch rod with a large round end and a small extension that I'd guess keeps it in place. This is about 1/8 in dia and maybe 1/4 inch long.. On the other hand if your clutch rod is just rounded on the end, you need a new or different fork.

·
Registered
575 Posts
When you adjust the linkage, you must legthen or shorten the rods between the pedal and fork. the rod between the fork and bellcrank or crossshaft is the rod where the adjusting is done.
I believe the Camaro uses a fork with no hole, this is a solid rod which threads into another rod.
on some trucks the rod is a straight threaded rod that uses a pivot and two lock nuts.
the rod goes through one nut, the pivot and then the next nut, the fork has a hole which the rod extends through. As well the fork will have a vertical groove, in which the pivot sits in.
either system will work, you will just need the right pieces.
Adjust your linkage untill you have 1/2" free play at the pedal,

1 - 3 of 3 Posts