Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey first time rebuilding a car and I'm in the final stretch with fluids but I'm having trouble with my clutch I replaced it with a performance master cylinder and had to empty the whole system. Now that it's on the car in having trouble filling it with brake fluid. Anyone know if my system of dumping it in and pumping the slave is flawed? It doesn't really seem to make much progress but I am getting airbubbles out the res. I read that sometimes the master cylinder gets full of air and you need to fill it before putting it on the car is this true? putting it on is a bitch and I don't want to take it off if I don't have to. any info helps!

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
Hey first time rebuilding a car and I'm in the final stretch with fluids but I'm having trouble with my clutch I replaced it with a performance master cylinder and had to empty the whole system. Now that it's on the car in having trouble filling it with brake fluid. Anyone know if my system of dumping it in and pumping the slave is flawed? It doesn't really seem to make much progress but I am getting airbubbles out the res. I read that sometimes the master cylinder gets full of air and you need to fill it before putting it on the car is this true? putting it on is a bitch and I don't want to take it off if I don't have to. any info helps!
Yes you really wanted to bench bleed the MC before install.

Is your MC a Wilwood (McLeod)?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes you really wanted to bench bleed the MC before install.

Is your MC a Wilwood (McLeod)?
No I cannot remember the name anymore but I ended up just giving up and bench bleeding the system fully then installing. Another thing I noticed is some of the nuts on the line were a little loose my bad I should have checked it in the future I should remember that pre assembled doesn't mean tightened
Thanks for the help anyways

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
I did the same thing on mine. It would not bleed installed in the car as the MC was angled in a way not allowing air to escape. Bleed the whole system out of the car and then installed it and all good

Glad you have it sorted out

1 - 5 of 5 Posts