Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Clutch pedal sits couple inches lower than brake. I can pull it up by hand to make it even but it falls back down on its own. Doesnt seem right??

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Perhaps you have the spring going from the clutch fork to the zbar instead of going all the way to the motor mount/engine stand. That will keep the assembly together but cause the symptoms you describe. I have seen people with that setup before.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The clutch works fine it just sits low to the floor. Could it be the wrong spring?

·
Premium Member
387 Posts
picture of the underside of the area in question should tell the tale better than any words.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Huh? It doesn't quite work that way. There is supposed to be a return spring on the fork that keeps the clutch pedal up against the rubber bumper that the pedal rests against. The adjustable rod between the z-bar and fork is there to set throw-out bearing to PP clearance, or free-play. Nothing more.

The spring from the fork needs to have the other end attached to something fixed on the frame.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,470 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Everything on the car is new it an was automatic. I know the clutch fork is correct i did have the wrong one before and it wouldnt shift at all. I ordered one from the chevy dealer it drives now. The amount i let out on the clutch before the cars moves seems right.

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
It sounds to me like the upper rod connecting the z bar to the pedal is not the right length or you have the wrong z bar.

I'd look into that Nick.

My car was an auto too, clutch pedal is even with brake pedal. I bought all the linkage related stuff from Steve's Camaro's.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
After rereading, you definitely have a return spring issue. How is yours configured?
Yes, I conclude this as well. My guess is that he has it going from the fork to the z-bar, which keeps the assembly together but does not return the pedal to the full upright position. It needs to go from the fork to the frame/engine stand. That will accomplish both goals.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I will check where the springs hooked up and let u guys know. I hope thats it

1 - 14 of 14 Posts