Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys this may be a good question for john z .does any one know what material the clutch pedal and shank are made of mine is worn out.I was wondering if its weldable .tell me it aint cast iron.I was going to weld the hole up and redrill it .thanks jeff

·
Registered
7,608 Posts
Its black iron, and very weldable. I had the same problem, but instead of welding it up and re-drilling, I installed an extra hinge pin bushing I had.

It's been awhile, but it seems like I had to drill out the ID of the bushing a little so the clutch linkage would fit, then drilled the clutch arm so the bushing would be a tight fit.

The linkage was worn, so I welded it up, and filed it to the right diameter. I can't remember which endc of the linkage was worn, but I remember I thought it was strange that it was worn on one end, only. Probably the end on the Z-bar, as that is outside, and more likely to get grit on it.

Now that I think of it, I wonder why I did not use the hinge pin bushing on the Z-bar as well

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
john z and unreal i like the info you guys provided being a welder its nice to know what kind of material you are dealing with.thanks guys job well done.thanks jeff

1 - 5 of 5 Posts