Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am putting a 88 tpi in my 1970 camaro rs.
The motor I think is a two piece real main seel. I am using a Muncie 4 speed. It has a (don’t remember exactly ) like 16 spline out put shaft. The clutch that came out of it has a lot more splines in it (little teath)
Does any one recommend a type of pressure plate and clutch that I would be able to directly bolt in without any modification..?
Thanks again

·
Registered
366 Posts
A good hays or centerforce clutch should work , you have to get the correct diameter pressure plate to match your flywheel (10.5 inch or 11 inch) with a 16 spline clutch disc. Remember if you are going big on horses you will need more holding power from your clutch. Proper adjustment and break-in are also critical.

·
Premium Member
22,122 Posts
I..... like 16 spline out put shaft. The clutch that came out of it has a lot more splines in it (little teath)

output shaft or input shaft??? I'm confused. The shaft that sticks out of the front of the trans is the input shaft, either 10 or 26 splines

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah my fault I meant the input shaft and it is a 10 spline course input shaft. My bad been a year and a half since I have thought about the trans. I had a stage 3 dual friction but will be downgrading. Just want to get the motor in and get it running then will be building a new 2 piece rear main motor so I can use my old equipment. I think I may have figured it out. I think that I have to use a pressure plate for a 10.5 diameter fly wheel. an the clutch for a 10 spline coarse input shaft... ? (10.5 as well)
Right ...?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts