Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just recieved my Flywheel today for my 4-speed but the info on the box states that the SFI Flywheel is for a non spring type clutch. Can someone give me info as to what the difference is and a link to one that I can purchase. I need one for a 10.5 both Clutch and Pressure Plate.

Thanks
Joe

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I purchased this from RPM Race parts and I just noticed that in the discription that this Flywheel is for a non stock clutch. Yes this is a Billet Steel Flywheel. If I can not use this on the street then I am going to return it. I figured if I can find a disk and pressure plate for this then I will try it out.

Joe

·
Super Moderator
33,287 Posts
in the discription that this Flywheel is for a non stock clutch. Yes this is a Billet Steel Flywheel. Joe
Why would a steel flywheel not be streetable as oppposed to a cast iron flywheel?

·
Premium Member
11,170 Posts
I see the ad and statement but it appears to only apply to the 153 tooth version. I dont see that wording on the 168 tooth. Cant imagine what the differance would be unless its the depth or diameter off bolt area. After market discs spring hub may be smaller than factory. Maybe you need to call them and go for the larger 168 tooth, but that may cause starter snout change and bell housing problems.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I believe the 168 tooth is for the 11 inch clutch and that will not work for my bellhousing. If I am wrong about this then someone will set me straight. I am going to E-mail the seller and see what clutch package goes with that Flywheel.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts