Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any fellow members know of a good place to get some headers coated, in the Dallas area? I just bought a new set for my 69', and I want to get them coated, for obvious reasons. Any leads would be appreciated! KZ

------------------
John D. Smith
69' SS/396
www.geocities.com/kz1000ltd

·
Registered
715 Posts
Air Borne coatings in Oklahoma City is close if you can't find anything in Dallas.

------------------
68 RS, Ash Gold,pwr windows,Hounds tooth

·
Registered
260 Posts
To bad you just bought them, you got your reciept. There are coated headers in Jeg's for $200.00, one of my friends friend got his done and they cost a bit more than that total. Plus he had to wait a month.

·
Registered
523 Posts
John,

I had mine coated by Quality Powder Coatings in Carrollton. Their number is 972-488-0635 (Roland). He also powder coated around 16 different pieces for me and clear coated my manifold. It takes about a week to get them done (they usually sandblast them first).

·
Registered
3,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Greg, they want about 300 bills to do my headers and intake. Is this about right? I thought it would be a little less expensive! Swapmeet time in 2 weeks! Are you making your list yet??????? KZ

------------------
John D. Smith
69' SS/396
www.geocities.com/kz1000ltd

[This message has been edited by kz1000ltd (edited 11-02-2000).]

·
Registered
523 Posts
Yea, If I think I paid 50.00 for the manifold and $225.00 for the headers. I remember thinking that the headers seemed high to me but it was about the same at another place I checked so I went and bite the bullit. They sandblasted the headers and manifold FIRST so that may be why it seems higher than it should be on the headers.

Warning!!! If you can, I would test fit the headers FIRST so you can DING them in the right places if you need to PRIOR to having them coated. I know on mine, I had to ding them a little around the starter and the steering box.

As far as the swap meet goes, I need some red seat belts and that is about it.

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Greg,

You can get the seat belts at Snake Oyl (800-284-7777).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts