Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 69 pace car without any front shakers; the rears are there.,
Where does the front shaker mount up? With the rs headlight cover rotation mechanism, I am not sure how they mount. I have seen pictures of other models and it looks like it should mount in front of the radiator frame.
Any pictures out there on an RS front shakers?

·
Premium Member
13,705 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,705 Posts
Here are the ones on my 69.
:thumbsup:
Could you post those photos over on the "Shaker" sticky post in the Convertible forum also Eric.
Those would make great reference material for the forum.

Thanks in advance;
John

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Thanks, those pictures are really helpful. It looks as if it would sure would be easier to install if the fenders were removed.
I have found the left hand front shaker but have not seen any rights.
I have a little vibration at about 40 to 45 mph now and hope the shakers will help; I have, just about, tried everything and still have a little shake.

·
Registered
8,303 Posts
John -

I can do that.

LL -

I actually only had the shakers on with the fenders off to make sure I put the holes in my new repro inner fenders in the correct places. I took them back off before I put the fenders on, and then reinstalled them. It might be possible to get the fender on over them, but I don't know. The AIM shows them being installed after the fenders are on.

The issue with the passenger side shaker is the old non-sealed batteries puking on them and corroding the legs. You can find decent ones, but it may take a while. It's so out of sight, I wouldn't be afraid to get a gnarly looking one and weld in some new metal to brace it up.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Eric,
Thanks again. When I bought the pacer, about 20 years ago, it had the acid problems of the right hand side; some fiber glass was used in replacing some of the area below the battery.
I will continue to look for the RH shaker....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts