Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,705 Posts
To the best of my knowlege the RS and standards are the same unit.
The only difference I know of is the years;

One style fits 67~68's
One style fits only 69's

Hopefully others will chime-in if this is not correct!

·
Premium Member
13,705 Posts
The welded on brackets look the same as all 67~68's I've seen - but, that little bracket that's bolted on to the front ones doesn't look familiar to me ????
May be some cross-brace to the RS bracket or something?
Anyway the "shakers" look the same.

·
Registered
4,680 Posts
My P&A 30 from 1968 shows ONE part number for the "Dampeners". There's NO mention of "With RS" or "W/O RS", so it appears that they're all the same. (NO mention of it in the 68 AIM either.) Sounds like more ebay crap to me...

67-68 Camaro (Conv) W/Bracket, front L.H. 3909919
67-68 Camaro (Conv) w/bracket, front R.H. 3909920

Ed

·
Registered
807 Posts
Well, I have a LITTLE experience with shakers, :D and those dont appear to be for a 68 Camaro. And those brackets for the front ones look like they were made to try and make them fit. The lower front mounting tabs don't look long enough. I'm trying to include pix of the front ones so you can see what I mean. And, believe me, I've been through this over and over again. I wish I would have taken pix of the install, but I kinda had my hands full. Just see my previous posts. The first pic is from a non rs car, The second is the pair I bought and installed in my car. Compare these to the Ebay ones and I think you'll see what I mean. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
807 Posts
Note the long lower front legs. That's the crucial part. I had purchased a set that looked like the ones on ebay, and I couldn't make them work, so I sent them back. I got the correct ones, cleaned them up, drained them and refilled them and they went right in...but, I don't know about RS, although as previously stated I never knew them to be different either. Good luck!

·
Premium Member
2,650 Posts
i have a picture of those bracket somewhere but i cant find them. they bolt directly under the long leg that bolts to the fender/fender extension seam. i do not see how it would be different on the rs since i believe the only diffence was the opening for the grill. the way i see it, it was to extend the arm. two of the diffences between the 68 and 69 front shakers were that on the 69, the two extension arms to the radiator grill were longer along with the lower leg. i had a pair of 68 shakers that i tried to fit on my 69. i was able to shimmy the two arms to the radiator support but there was no way that i would have been able to bolt on the bolt to the fender/fender extension hole. it was about an inch too short. that bracket that is bolted onto the 68 shaker on the link has a hole to bolt onto the lower leg. it also has two other hole to bolt onto the fender extenion. i believe, (and someone correct me if i am wrong) that the brackets were to adapt the 68 shaker to 69 camaros. the brakets do not have any part numbers. if i find the picture, i will post and i have seen them for sale on ebay a couple of times. this is just my theory and not gospel. i do not see any other explanation for what they might be used for.

angel

·
Premium Member
4,817 Posts
The RS makes no difference. If you think about it, the mounting points are radiator support and fender dependent, not headlight mounting.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts