Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are cocktail shakers for a 69 different for the small block or big block, and any idea where to get some from, also did they come on the front as well

·
Registered
984 Posts
I don't know if there different from BB/SB, but I think each year mounts a little different.

I have never seen them reproduced.

Ricks 1stgen advertises them as used, but when they get them, they don't last long, so you have to call.

I've also seen them at American Graffiti in Denver, but I know they have been restoring several 'verts, not sure if they are for sale.

I do have see shakers on ebay once in a while, 4 auctions today..
They ussually sell for about $200 for rear pair, and $400 for front pair.
(apparently the front get's hit twice as often as the rear)..

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I will try them

·
Registered
8,303 Posts
Cliff - there's a "sticky" at the top of the vert forum with lots o' shaker info.

No difference BB/SB, but there are some differences between the years. Check the sticky for specifics. They are not reproduced.

Nice fronts are hard to come by, particularly the right side. You know how many 1st gens you've seen with the front of the passenger fender rotted at the extension, from battery acid. The shaker is right there too, and one or both of the legs on that side can get pretty skanky.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What does it hurt not to have them ?

·
Registered
8,303 Posts
The theory on how they work and why they were added is in the stickies too.

GM would not have spent a dime they didn't feel was necessary on building our cars, so if the engineers thought they were needed, and the bean counters agreed, I'd agree.

Easy for me to say, I have all four ;) My 68 only had the back ones (previous owner never bothered to put them back after he did a lousy RS conversion), and I would get some shaking and movement up front, even with the subframes tied.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks, also my car has the vigilint lights and they are mounted on the rear seat, is that correct on a convertible

1 - 10 of 10 Posts