Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am considering trying poly isolator rings to raise the front a little bit. I can't find a spring I like, and I'd at least like to get the front up a little while I work through the bugs on the car.

I know my Silverado has isolators up front, and the old A-bodies have them in the back. I am just wondering if there might be any safety issues having isolators on top or bottom of the front coil springs in a 1st gen.

·
Registered
8,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Funny thing, I was going to PM you about that.

I saw you used one to correct a lean, and from your pictures it looks like GW # 1103. GW's website is being updated , so I couldn't find a price.

I guess that sits in there nice and secure, and a 1/2 inch spacer would probably get me what I need. You haven't had any issues with it moving or making noise?

Here's how it sits with the cut 638 springs. First shot is with a 215 65 15 on 15 x7 rally with 4.5 BS.

here it is with the roller wheels, 195 60 14 tires. Can't get my jack under it like this...

All I want to do is raise it a little (maybe an inch) for now until I can decide if the springs are too soft. If I can raise it with an aluminum spacer, and it turns into a long term fix, great.

I have so much to do, I'm not sure I can deal with swapping springs right now.

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
Eric,

I have not had any issues with the spacer. No extra noise and with the weight of the car and spring pressure I can't see how it would move around in the LCA.

For me it worked out well and solved the drivers side lean I had. I was obsessed with the "lean" until I got the spacer installed. It leveled the car and I no longer wonder what was causing the lean.

Now I just need to determine how to drop the front a half inch to get rid of that "up hill racer" look. :) Cut the springs or drop in a set of Hotchkis lowering springs. Just like you, I hate messing with springs.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts