Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
612 Posts
I have used it, installed it and driven on it. The upper control arm mounting will have to be cut off, a hole needs to be plasma cut into the frame, the engine needs to be removed to install the jig, and then it can be fully welded up.

The drawback to the DSE coil over kit is that is not adjustable without removing the coil over shock from the frame. It defeats the purpose of having a coil over installed into the car.

There are 2 other alternatives-
1st is from QA1, and is not a 'true' coil over in the sense that the spring is partially retained on the shock, and the partially on the frame. It is a direct bolt it, no welding, and is adjustable in car.

The other is the Chicane-LM coil over kit from ATS. We have engineered the coil over bracket to weld into he frame while using the factory control arm mount. The coil over can be adjusted in car without neededing to remove anything for reide height adjustments, the engine can stay in the frame for installation, and because it re-uses part of the factory upper control arm mount, both Guldstrand Modded cars and factory UCA mounted cars can use it.

Check the suspension area of our product section in the www.t56kit.com website.

Tyler

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey, I appreciate it. I really didnt want to go through too much hassle although I knew some was in the works. Thanks for the insight and looking out! :beers:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts