Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Made it to the first Cruise In of the season in our town yesterday afternoon and it was COLD! I finally got both Camaros running and I went with the '69 and the wife came later with the '97. She didn't stay, just went into walmart and shopped. I hung around for a while and froze out.

I did get to cruise around a while with the '69. I re-discovered my problem with my rear tire slippage too! I also appreciated my good heater. I am so proud that the guy that owned this car before me saw fit to put in a new heater core and heater box, blower, and new control levers. The heater will roast you!!!!

:hurray:

·
Premium Member
5,582 Posts
Dan...
It must be nice to get out there after all the months it sat. I haven't even started her up in a long time. Its hard but I will when the pot holes are fixed and it gets warmer than the 35 degrees it is now. We haven't seen above 40 for almost two weeks. Maybe the next cruise will be at Sears and your wife can watch the cars while you go shop :)

Kev

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yea Kev I was really ready to get it out. I was real surprised it started so easily after putting the new battery in. I hadn't started the car since last August and I didn't do any winterizing. Granted I have a heated garage so I do not worry about the cold weather issues on one when it sets a long time. I bought a 2 year Wal-Mart battery and put the charger on it for a few hours. I had to put a small strip of rubber under the batter in order for the clamp to tighten down so the battery wouldn't move around. I turned the key on, pumped it a few times and it fired right up.
:hurray:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts