Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does the VHT coloring dye work well? I have the camel colored interior in my '81 Camaro and all the paneling is bleached from the sun. The interior is all there too. Is it worth saving or should I forget about the dye and go for new pieces?

·
Registered
366 Posts
Do a search for interior painting and finishing. This subject has been covered quite well and you will find a lot of useful info.

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Try saving the old pieces first. You may not be able to buy new pieces.

·
Registered
252 Posts
I have dyed many interiors...Though I have never used the VHT bombs..You can buy a qrt of the same paint for what you pay for 3 cans..But you would need a spray gun...

But here are some recomendation..

#1..Make sure you clean all the pieces..prepsol works best..When you think it is clean..CLEAN IT AGAIN..You want to make sure you take all the silicon(sp?) off...(Paint and silicon don't mix)..

#2 Make sure you have good temp and that humidity is low..Those spray bombs seem to react poorly to high humidity(Whitish dull haze)

#3 last but most important with interior dyes the less you use the better...So a light coat let it flash and then another and that should be it...To much and it loses it flexibility and cracks..
Good Luck

------------------
Restored 68 Camaro R/S 327 4 speed
-------------------------
Restored 55 chevy Belair
Blown, Fuel Injected
http://community.webshots.com/user/badcaiman
-------------------------

1 - 4 of 4 Posts